Wednesday, 1 February 2012

I've got a job interview!

I'm so excited, I've got a job interview next Thursday.  It's for a part time role at my local Parish Council, nothing too heavy but would fit perfectly with our family life.  I wasn't planning on going back to work till L starts 'big' school in September but if something comes along you've got to go for it haven't you.

It's actually at the place I hold my monthly card classes so the lady that will be my boss and the one who is interviewing me will already know me which I'm hoping will go in my favour :)

I've not had a 'proper' job since I left work in October 2007 on maternity leave and I had been with that company for 8 years so it's been a long time since I've had to apply for jobs or have an interview.  So actually the fact that I sort of know the interviewer a little does help.

I'm just pleased to get an interview, I went for a job at the local school recently to work in the office and I didn't get through to the interview stage so this is one step closer this time.  So fingers and toes crossed!

And I done another make, who'd have thought it.   I recently got a Big Shot die cutting machine and today I finally got it out of the box.


It is fab!  It's really easy to use, I got out my scraps and got stuck in.  



This is the first thing I have made, it's a small canvas with butterflies.  It's not my idea, I've seen a few different variations of this on other blogs and actually is one of the reasons I wanted a Big Shot as I loved it so much.  Now I've got my own :)

Have a good week everyone

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting an interview and fingers crossed you get the job.

    Beautiful butterfly canvas!

    Barrina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. grats~~~ walking here with a smile. take care.. have a nice day ~ =)

    Regards,
    http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...