Friday, 6 January 2012

Happy New Year

Hello, Happy New Year.  I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Year.

We had a quiet family one, though I was poorly with Laryngitis from Christmas Day so didn't indulge as much as I would have liked.  Maybe a good thing!

We weren't too extravagant with our presents, the OH bought me a beginners Sewing Workshop as my main pressie so that I can get over my fear of the sewing machine.  Really looking forward to it.



He also bought me this:



I'm impressed, it's a kit to make some hearts.  His present buying skills have certainly improved over the 9 years we've been together.  Most memorable present was a pen set one Christmas as I worked in an office, though anyone who works in an office will know that most things are done on the pc, but I could see the thinking!

I was also lucky enough to receive some great books too:




Kirstie Allsopp's new book and Phill Vickery's Gluten Free cooking book, both of which are great.  I'm going to try out his Brownies receipe first I think.

Before Christmas I persuaded the OH to decorate the lounge, we've gone from a cool blue to a much nicer warmer sage green.  This means of course that all the blue accessories need to be changed starting with the cushion covers.  I'd seen some knitted ones in Next and thought they looked great and 'I can do that'.  So have started a crocheted cover:



It's slow progress and would have been quicker to buy one but where's the fun in that!  It's just a half treble stitch and I'm going to add some crochet flowers in the same colour sewn on in one corner.

How long does it take everyone else to complete projects?  I think I must crochet really slowly?

Hope you all have a lovely weekend :)

4 comments:

  1. Love the new look blog, Nic. What thoughtful gifts from hubby, I'm liking the beginners sewing workshop v much. I could definitely do with one of those. Look forward to seeing the finished cushion cover, it's looking good already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You recieved some really wonderful gifts. I'd love to have the gluten free cookbook.

    Hope you get over your sewing machine fear. Mine is working properly again, I was so lost without it.

    Happy New Year to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your hubby has done well! I bet you will have loads of fun at your class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to seeing some wonderful creations as a result of the inspiration contained within your lovely presents !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...