Friday, 25 March 2011

Latest card makes & an award

What lovely sunshine we're having at the moment, I'm loving it.  I'm not one to sit out in the sun but it's great not having to wear a coat and L can play outside and get some fresh air.

I've been busy making cards for my friend's flower shop ready for Mother's Day, hopefully they will sell well.





I have been a bit quiet on the making front too but anything that I have made has been for the Birthday swap so I haven't been able to show.  I just wanted to show off a hanging heart that I made though, I sent this off to Crafty Mum, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out!  The red and white stripey material was actually a top of H's!  It already had the bows on it.  She wasn't that keen on it and I thought it would make a lovely heart.  Think I'll do one for myself now :)

This is another card that I've made recently, a friend asked me to do a Wedding Acceptance card for her and this is what I came up with.


H came home from school early in the week with some daffodils, they hadn't even opened yet.  My first question was 'Where did you get them from!', she assures me that they were from the school field and that they were told that it was ok to take a few.  I hope so!  But I was really touched and she was really pleased when they opened out.  I think they look very cheery.


Finally I was given the Liebster Blog award from  the lovely Samantha at Corsets, Crafts and Cupcakes

I've not heard of this one before and think it is a lovely idea, I was really chuffed that Samantha choose me as I know that I am an infrequent blogger.


It is an award given to bring recognition and give exposure to small blogs that have followers of less than 300 in number. If a blogger is given this award and they choose to accept it, they should then link back to the person who gave them the award, then pick three lovely blogs that they regularly read (also with followers of less than 300) to recommend to others :)

It has been difficult to nominate just 3 but the blogs that I'd like to recommend are:




I hope everyone has a lovely weekend, we're heading off to Ingoldmells on Sunday we're taking H and her friend and L so will be a busy one!  Hopefully the weather will hold out for us :) xxx

7 comments:

  1. Your cards are gorgeous. I especially like the yummy mummy cake one and the one below it which looks like beautiful tiles!

    Congrats on the award. Well deserved. Have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I especially like the daisy mother's day card and the wedding acceptance one, I really need to get round to making my mum a card!
    The heart looks sweet and even better that it's recycling things that aren't getting used.
    Congratulations on the award, you have a lovely blog and deserve it, thank you so much for giving it to me as well, I'm really chuffed! I'll post about it later this weekend (must get the cleaning done before I get sucked into the internet!). Thank you! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award!

    Love the cards and the cute heart.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the award! The stripey heart is lovely. thanks for your lovely comments on my blog, they are much appreciated! Have a great weekend, Em. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Award! Well done! And great that my lovely daughter Amy of Blighty Boutique is a lucky recipient too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for my birthday pressie :) I love it x going to get hubby to put it up in the kitchen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the heart, it's so pretty! The cards are really gorgeous too, especially the second one.

    Daffodils always make me smile.

    Lovely blog x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...