Wednesday, 16 February 2011

What have I been up to....

As usual it's been a little while since I've blogged, it's because our photos are downloaded onto our old pc not my laptop and it feels like you have to literally wind the thing up to get it started!  Excuses, excuses!

Just thought I'd add some recent photos of what I've been getting up to, or not as the case may be.

This is L, he was playing in the garden Monday and decided that his bucket made a great hat!  I think he can carry the look off.  He used to be so shy about having his photo taken, not now!  He keeps asking me to take another then loves to look at the photos after.  To save having hundreds of the same eventually I prentend to take the photo then keep showing him the same ones.  It works at the moment as he's too small to realise :)


These are my Valetines flowers from the OH, it's also his birthday on Valentines Day so we don't actually do anything Valentines.  I did make some cupcakes but they were all gone before I had chance to take a photo, we are so bad in this house for chocolate and cakes.  Though because I make them with wheat free flour I think that they taste better if you eat them within 24 hours as they seem to go dryer quicker, well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.


Onto the current WIP's I've got going on, or actually not going on to be more precise.  I treated myself to Kirty's Homemade Home book for Christmas and thought one of the crochet boxes would be great by the front door to put keys etc in to keep that area tidy.  Well it would be great if I finished it, I have crocheted one side so far!  Just 3 more sides and the base to go then!


The other WIP I've got going on it our sette blanket, I decided to keep it simple and just do a stripey blanket.  It's just a half treble stitch basically.  I thought the bigger the better and started with a 166 foundation chain, as you can see I've not got very far.  Though the excuse here is that we were watching the Lost series and you really need to keep your eyes on the screen because blink and you'll miss something.  


There's no rush to finish it as I just want it finished by the end of the year.

I've also been busy thinking of a new venture, I want to remain a stay at home mum when L goes to school in September next year and I have been thinking of ways to do that.  I shall reveal more when I'm ready to go, it's very exciting though :)

I hope you all had a great weekend and Valentines Day xxx

9 comments:

  1. Great post! Love the bucket on the head! My youngest used to be camera shy but now it all seems to have turned around and he wants his pic taken at every available opportunity!

    Love the stripey blanket. I also find it a bit hard to watch tv and crochet. Usually get a bad headache so something in the evenings has to give!

    Hope the sun is shining for you today!

    Love Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. cupcakes and chocolates don't last long in our house either!!!
    i'm trying my hand at a wavy stripe blanket at the moment but i'm on the practice run before i start on the real thing...
    the crochet baskets sound good i must have a look at the kirtsy book to see how easy they are...
    have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  3. L looks sweet with his bucket hat! The flowers are gorgeous, I got a card for valentines as we said we weren't doing anything else to save money. The crochet all looks great, I need to get back into doing some, have some ideas, but just have to get on with it! Have a good week! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new style hat. I started a crotchet blanket months ago it will an heirloom whan I get finished :)
    C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the piccie really made me smile! Your crocheting is gorgeous, wish I was as clever as you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. a splendid hat. And love the crochet

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the start of your blanket. fab colours. The bit about showing your son the same pic over and over made me giggle. Thanks for the lovely blog comment x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nicola, just to let you know that you have won first prize in my Blog Birthday Giveaway. Please could you email me your address to retrodollybird @ yahoo.co.uk (no gaps) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cakes and chocolates don't even make it to the cupboard in this house! I love a good cupcake! Your blanket loks awesome. I love stripes. I've just learned to crochet and have started making granny squares. I'm also knitting squares to make a blnaket and ahve no idea which one is going to be finished first. I just keep chopping and changing depending on my mood! That bucket hat is very stylish... :) Hope you're ahving a great week, and thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Em xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...