Sunday, 31 October 2010

My first craft stall.......

I've been a little quiet on the blogger front recently, we had half term a couple of weeks ago and I'd decided that I was going to potty train L. It turned out to be a bit of a non starter bless him. He will be 3 at the end of November but he really doesn't get the concept! He will sit on the toilet and the potty but doesn't do anything on there! He will however do his business in his pants so after clearing up mess we've gone back to pull ups and taking it slowly. Though he's full of a bad cold at the moment so don't want to push him too much.


So a week of clearing up after L and H saying she is bored every 5 minutes I didn't have the energy to come onto the computer. I try to visit the blogs I follow quite regularly but I do tend to post infrequently.



Then I decided to take the plunge and actually do a stall at a local fair, a friend of a friend mentioned that a school near to us will be doing a Christmas fair soon and I should have a stall with my cards. Ok, I thought I can do this.........eek! What have I agreed to.



So since then I have been making Christmas cards and making some felt decorations. I've also crocheted some phone socks too. See below.



I've decorated some old coffee jars.




There are two of each cupcake picture, these were Ikea frames I bought in a charity shop.



The fabric on the Xmas trees is the £2 scraps pack from Fabric Rehab, I bought 5 packs a while ago. There's some lovely pieces in there.


How much should I charge is the question, I don't want to charge too much and put buyers off but I will be putting a considerable amount of effort into making things. Any suggestions kindly welcomed.




This is a cheeky picture of my OH and L in L's play house in the garden, don't think we're going to have many more nice days but I have to say I do like the winter, cosy fires, big hearty dinners and of course Christmas which I love.

I have been tagged by Loo from Jumbles and Pompoms and I've received another award from the lovely Michelle at Creative Crafting. I haven't forgot ladies but it's all systems go at the moment so I will post about those soon.

Nic xx

6 comments:

  1. Well done you for getting a stall! I am still at the 'thinking' stage! I am like you though, would have no idea what to charge, and I am terribly thin skinned so I would be on a downer if all I heard was 'how much? I'm not paying that!'. At the same time, as you say, you put a lot of effort into making things and don't want to sell them for nothing. Let us know how it goes. You have some Fab stock!

    Love the playhouse photo!

    Have a great rest of a week and hope things take a slower, more relaxing pace for you soon!

    Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for booking a stall! I agree with everything vanessa says, I too am hopeless at pricing!

    Don't forget to let us know how it all goes!
    love Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on over and have a read of my blog I'm having the same problemm I never know what to charge I have put a few things in my blog shop, reading my feedback and having a look around might help. I think at school fairs people expect a few cheap things children can buy for mums, hope this helps
    Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice ladies, good idea about having cheaper things for the kids to buy mums Cate, will definitely do that.

    I will let you know how it goes, if I don't sell much the rest can be used for Xmas pressies anyway so nothing will go to waste. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do alot of Craft Markets and Schools during the summer and over the Christmas period.

    I start with how much it cost to make the item, then decide what I would be happy accepting for it. No point putting all that effort in and not making a few pennies!! Soul destroying:(

    You wont get your time paid, but if you enjoy what you are doing:) But dont go too cheap!! You are NOT Primark, you are offering beautifully hand crafted gifts, so dont sell yourself down:)

    love
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...