Saturday, 18 September 2010

Sewing and Baking

Oops! Just realised I didn't post in the week, I wanted to show you my feeble attempt at clothes altering. This is not what I had my sewing machine for but I guess it does start me off slowly with using the machine.

It didn't start well...... firstly on my test material the thread was dirty when it stitched on the material. Why? I didn't know so I rang the supplier, packing grease apparently, so he tells me how to get rid of it. Phew! It still doesn't feel right, realise there's no foot on the machine, ahh, ring again, where's the zig zag foot? I should have one......oh,.....I look properly for the foot, find it and put it on, what a numpty! That's much better :).

I know I'm supposed to press the seams when I sew but my impatience gets the better of me after all the faffing around so I just go for it. It's not the straightest seam in world by a long shot but after I'd finished I did feel more confident about using the machine.



Original seam

No turningback now!

A little bit wonky but still wearable, a success :)


What I could really do with is a small project any ideas gratefully accepted.



I also did some baking with H last Friday, she was going to a sleepover so we made some fairycakes/cupcakes to take with her.




Covered with sprinkles that I got in a swap from Hookin with LaaLaa, perfect! :)

Have a good weekend everyone, Nic xxx






6 comments:

  1. This is one of the first things I made with my sewing machine which helped me to get to grips with it http://www.allaboutyou.com/craft/sewing-book-bag/v1 - a simple book bag. It does not have to be perfect and they make great presents. Do persevere, you have made a great start!
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kandi, will give that a try :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also having a go at sewing well when I get around to it:) it's worth going to the library I have had a few good books, the net is also great, just put in something like easy sewing, it comes up with allsorts, have a look at the images.
    Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am desperate to get out the sewing machine and make a start getting to grips with it. It's just getting started! The cakes look so moreish, yummy yummy! xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I inherited my nana's sewong machine when she died and recently plucked up the courage to use it. I normally hand sew everything and couldn't believe how much faster I got things sewn, but did feel like I was chasing after the material as it shot under the foot!!! Not the straightest lines ever but lots of fun! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Sending smiles, Em xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...