Friday, 24 September 2010

Hearts and cards

It's so cold today brrr! Me and L have been to the local woods with the playschool for a walk, it was good fun, we picked up interesting leaves and stuff to take back and make things with for the children next week. After such a sunny week it's typical that the day we go to the woods it's cold. Hay ho, the kids don't care anyway. One little boy was jumping in all the puddles and mud, his mum had dressed him in head to toe waterproofs though , she clearly knows what he is like!
I have been quite busy with crafting this past week. I've made some more cards for my friends shop, I forgot to photograph before I put in cello bags!:

My friend asked me to make a card for her neighbour who was celebrating her silver wedding anniversary and she wanted to give her something personal as she is the godmother to her children:

Finally me and H have gone heart crazy making felt heart decorations, it's been lovely to sit and sew with her. It makes a change from her sitting on her laptop for hours. We just have to be careful of L near the needles.

I've just received some ric rac from an ebay seller to add to the hearts so that they can hang around the house.

I've also made my first brooch, a pink felt one of course, which I am wearing today to brighten up my grey top! The fabric is some Anna Griffin squares that I got from QVC some time ago and didn't know what to do with them.

I hope everyone has a great weekend

Nic xxx


5 comments:

  1. Wow! You sure have been busy...
    Everything is so pretty... the cards, hearts and brooches!
    Well done!

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful makes, I adore your hearts and brooch. It's great to sit and make with your girl, my boys just laugh at me and think I'm batty, and stick their heads back into their computers :)
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hearts, and the flower is beautiful - i made some similar ones today but nowhere near as good as yours!!

    The cards a really elegant - you are a clever thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicola, those hearts are lovely. You and your daughter did very well indeed. I'm currently teaching my 9 year old daughter to knit and Lordy I really need to muster all my patience... worth it in the end though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again Nicola, you asked about felting and whether there are starter kits. I don't think so but it's terribly easy to do. As you probably know you just bung in a woolly jumper in a washing machine on 90 degrees and it shrinks and felts. Voila! There's lots of info on the internet and lots of ideas for things to make. Give it a go! BWxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...