Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Seaside Swap goodies and update

Well it's been quite some time since I last blogged and it's flown by so quickly I'm not sure if I can even remember what I've been doing. It's been a great summer holidays so far this year, I've taken the kids swimming, to the farm, parks, picnics, you name it I think we've done it. At the moment H is on holiday with her friend and family in Norfolk. It's the first time she's been away without us, she was very excited. I was excited for her but nervous at the same time. Her friend and family are lovely, that's not the issue, just her being away and not knowing what she is doing. She did call the first couple of days, one day a little upset with a headache bless her (home sick more like) but she's settled a bit more now and it just text messages, thank goodness for the 21st century communication :). So the house it quite strange with just me and L, he's asked about her a couple of times but luckily hasn't been too upset, he's very close to his sister.


I participated in Craftysmiles Seaside Swap recently and after a couple of date changes myself and Wendy at A Little Crafting Bird managed to swap things. Wendy asked if I minded more handmade things and not shop bought, of course not :), I love handmade. Though I was worried about my standard of handmade being a bit of a novice to the crafting world.
Here is my box ready to be opened.

Wendy is a very talented lady and I wasn't disappointed with she had made either, take a look, lots of lovely goodies ready to be opended.






Wendy sent me some lovely things, 2 bars of chocolate (they went very quickly!), some decorated pegs and card, some pretty shells, a lovely sandcastle magnet, an ice cream keyring, a gorgeous seahorse, an amazing felt seaside picture and a wonderful lavender smelling beach hut.







I fell in love with the seahorse straight away and he is currently hanging on my mirror so I can see him every day.

This felt picture is stunning and will look fabulous in my sons bedroom.

Thank you so much again Wendy.

Wendy has just started a Folksy shop making felt keyrings, which I can confirm are very well made, she would also consider custom orders if there was something you had in mind, please take a look and let your friends/fellow bloggers know too.

That's all from me at the moment, we go away again next week Monday to Friday back to Paignton, I can't wait. Think I'll just take my crochet with me this time and get some granny squares done.

Nic x





5 comments:

  1. Wow,that is lovely. I am a bit late for showing my goodies,i hope i will get it done this week.
    Have a great day
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is away at the moment and I still worry about her at 21yrs in fact I think it gets harder.

    lovely swop missed that one but have just done the vintage one
    enjoy your hols
    Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those goodies are fab. I wa all swopped out for a while but am ready for another now the hols are out of the way!
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely gifts, I have just received mine too! Aren't swaps exciting!
    Jille x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh what ;ovely goodie, my fave is the beach hut! lucky you - off to paignton - i love it there xxx have a fab time xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...