Thursday, 10 June 2010

This is why I love blogging...

I'm fairly new to blogging and I didn't really get what it was for, I was a bit cautious about putting personal details onto the internet for all to see. I used Facebook and thought that was a great way to keep in touch with friends I don't get to see regularly but to be honest it's a bit false. I'm not really being me on there, I love crafting and baking and all things like that but I don't think alot of my 'Facebook' friends would get it or get me for that matter. So I don't talk about those things on there, then I discovered blogging......what a relief. It was filled with people talking my language, I could relate to them and I spent the first few days just reading people's blogs in awe. Sometimes I get lost hopping from one to another :).


So then I started my own, I struggle to know what to write sometimes even though I know there's lots of things to say. I need to let go and just write what I think but I'm quite a reserved person so I think it may take some time to relax and just write. I read the blogs I follow every day and comment on many as they write about things I'm interested in or that I'm feeling too.

Anyway the reason for todays blog is that I won a giveaway :), a giveaway that could have been tailored just for me aswell. I was so excited when I found out that I had won and from someone I had started to follow too Hookin with LaaLaa, she has an amazing blog please check it out.

Here's how the packaged looked when it came........what beautiful paper :), I didn't want to spoil it and carefully opened it without ripping and have saved the paper.



Here's my lovely goodies:

The Buttercup Bake Shop Cookbook - yummy! I love baking

Blogging for Bliss book - perfect for me as a newbie to blogging :)

A UJ keyring - gorgeous

Some Cath Kidston badges from Scarlet Butterfly - fab xx

And a Keep Calm and Carry On badge - have given this to OH as he is having a tough time at work and this will lighten the mood

And finally a UJ ovenglove - perfect to go with the matching UJ storage tins that I recently bought!


Oven glove with matching storage tins



Look what page the cookbook opened on, Brownies ;), looks like that will be my first make.




So this is why I love blogging, I have 'met' so many like minded people who are interested in the same things as me and as a stay at home mum who doesn't always see other adults or have adult conversations during the day it is a welcome relief to get lost in the world of blogging for a little while at least.

Thanks for listening
Nic xxxx


7 comments:

  1. Well done for winning such a beautiful array of goodies! I quite agree, I stumbled upon blogging one day, and got lost in everybodies lives and loves. I started my own, just as a little diary to myself really and it has grown and grown. I have met (virtually!) so many lovely like minded people who get crafting etc and who can relate to you in all sorts of ways. Has to be one of the best things I have done in a long time! Enjoy you lovely goodies! Have a lovely day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, what a lovely win.
    Your blog today could have been written by me I feel just the same. I signed up on face book twice, and hated it,as you say everyone sounds so false. I started blogging in Feb after seeing a craft blog and knew it was more me. Pop over anytime for a vitual cuppa :)

    Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments, have a good weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicola, good blog!! Nice to see someone like me, making cards but also liking sewing, cooking etc!!! I haven't yet started a blog, probably for the same reasons as you, but one day I'll get round to it!!! Well done for winning the goodies by the way!! I'll be back to read more another day..!!
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your super win! Also belated 'Early thirties' birthday greetings!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there, what a lovely giveaway and what a lovely blog you have. Like you I started with Facebook but didn't feel I could express myself. Enjoy your baking book. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh lucky, lucky, you. I love your blog so keep blogging and I too had lots of reservations about blogging but now I find it such a great place for putting down thoughts, etc. Plus the amazing people you meet still blows me away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...