Saturday, 29 May 2010

A lie in......what bliss

Well have managed to stay in bed till 7.50am which for me is a huge lie in, normally L gets up anytime after 6.00am which for me is too early. Practically I like getting up early as I do get so much more done before the day really begins but when I'm being woken up at that time I just feel grumpy and tired.

I've had a lovely week this week, the weather at the weekend was beautiful and we spent most of the weekend chilling in the garden with the kids, we even had an impromptu bbq on Sunday and 2 of H's friends came too which made it very loud and chaotic but was fun. It's on days like this that we wish we had a bigger garden, there didn't seem enough room but the kids don't mind they play whatever.

The OH had the day off on Monday which was lovely as it meant he could come with me to pick L up from pre-school which L loved too. It was still nice so we did have a longer walk home and got an ice cream on the way home :).

Then it was my birthday Thursday.......eek 33! The last year of my early thirties as I was informed by the OH..thanks! It was a really lovely day, the OH was at work and H was at school so it was just L and me which was fine. H had made me a beautiful little scrapbook with all her favourite pictures in it was gorgeous, it meant so much.


I got these beautiful flowers from the OH, sorry about the rubbish photo it was a bit dark, they smell amazing everytime I walk past them a get whiff. They're from my friends flower shop.


He also got me this sewing machine, as recommended by CrafySmiles :), there as so many out there and as I am a complete beginner this looked like it had more than enough for me. But I've still not used it yet, it feels a bit intimidating....I'm going to wait until I've got the house to myself Monday morning and have a play. I couln't do it with everyone watching, I'll have a look at the instructions in the meantime.

I also got some beautiful smellies from various friends and the latest Lady Gaga album which is currently being played in my car.



In the afternoon I baked these cupcakes, chocolate and mint yummy! Later on someone had bought me some maltesers so I thought they would finish off the cupcakes brilliantly As you can see they had already gone down, surprise surprise they've now gone. It was nice to be able to offer them to people coming round.

My week wouldn't be complete without some visiting the local charity shops and I did pick up some fab bargains. I picked this bag up for £2, I thought it would be great to hold my crochet and yarn, which it does beautifully :)

What are my plans for this weekend, well we're all going to a friends wedding evening reception this evening, they have a creche until 9.00pm. It will be nice us all going out together as a family which we don't get to do very often. Currently it is raining but I'm sure it said on the weather that it will brighten up I hope so.


Lastly I am really excited about participating in my first ever swap, I'm doing Pixiedust's Strawberry swap and have been paired with Hookin' with LaaLaa who I have just started to follow. I'm a bit nervous about what to do but I've already had a few moments of inspiration about what to include but I'm not revealing.......


I hope everyone has a fab weekend whatever you do xxxx








5 comments:

  1. Good Morning another early bird I find it hard staying in bed after having to be up early all week. Happy Birthday, mine was on Tuesday so Happy Birthday to all the Geminis out there :)

    I havent used my new machine yet either hoping to make something in this half term holiday I suddenly seem to have no ideas.

    Have a great weekend Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, spoil sport! Go on, reveal! ;-) Lovely flowers and great machine. I was terrified of mine too so my advice is to just go for it! You'll love it! Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A belated happy birthday, nice goodies. You'll be fine on the swap, but beware swaps are addictive lol :o). Have a lovely weekend. xx Pixie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your lovely comments, I know I just need to go for it, I've bought a sheet set from a charity shop and I'm hoping to make it into a cot duvet.....just a small project then:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated Birthday to you!
    I`m also 33 and for Christmas I too got my first ever sewing machine.
    I`m not very good at it yet... but I`m slowly learning!
    Good luck with yours!

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...